The Coopers Rock Foundation classic 10K Stump Jump will be held on September 3 at 9am!
Course: Overlook to the Roadside Trail to Laurel Meadows to Rock City and back to the overlook.
Hop some rocks and jump some stumps at the third annual Coopers Rock Stump Jump! 10K Trail Run. Celebrate the start of fall at Coopers Rock State Forest as trail runners tackle a beautiful and challenging 6.2-mile foot tour or our favorite local forest. Help support the work of the Coopers Rock Foundation as we help with facilities repairs and upgrades.
Pre-register by August 20th using the below paypal link to be sure to get your awesome race t shirt!
Ronnie as he starts his first day up at shelter three
Ronnie Wiley of Wiley Log Homes began work today on replacement several rotted beams in our historic CCC era Shelter Three. Ronnie is a graduate of WVU and enjoyed the forest as an undergraduate. He is excited to have the opportunity to return to the forest and repair this beautiful structure. Ronnie will be working on the shelter for several days and we will post updates as the work progresses!
If you shop at Krogers, please consider helping us by signing up in the Kroger Community Rewards program. Your personal shopping “points” are not used for this! Kroger takes a percentage of the total money spent by participating enrollees and donates it directly to the Coopers Rock Foundation. Everyone wins!
TO USE THE KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM:
- Click on this link to access the web site: Krogerrewards.com
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up.
- If you do not yet have a Kroger Plus card, they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
- Click on Sign In/Register
- Are you a new online customer? Then click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter NPO number 91572 or select organization (Coopers Rock Foundation) from list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
New to Coopers Rock climbing? Interested in finding some high quality climbing routes you can top-rope? Maybe get in a few leads? Where do you go? This article by veteran Coopers Rock climber (and Foundation board member) Adam Polinski will get you going with a description of Sunset Wall and The Big Blocks, Upper Rock City, and Rattlesnake Trail. Continue reading
Part One: Overview
As all experienced mountain bikers know, trail systems open to mountain biking aren’t always easy to find. We’re lucky to have many miles of trails in Coopers Rock State Forest that are open to mountain biking—especially so close to a significant population center: Morgantown, West Virginia. Continue reading